WATER CIRCULATING 14 X 20

The following 6 images complete my "close-ups" from nature. My intention in these works on paper has been to make ordinary things appear extraordinary, or at least important. To see with the artist's eye means to find and concentrate on what attracts one to a subject or a scene.

I have attempted to isolate what is attractive to me in each of the following examples. Often it is motion, perspective, color, line, shapes or shadows.

All 12 works were photographed and then painted with oil on paper in my studio. Austin's recent triple digit temperatures have made plein aire work less appealing than working in the studio.


Paintings are matted in white museum board, beveled and available for purchase. When matted the dimensions are 20 x 26.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Beautiful! I really like this one. "Close ups" is a great choice for a series.
Carole Sikes said…
Thanks for the comment Jennifer!
Anonymous said…
It was so nice to meet you this morning at our artshare. Your paintings and your website are wonderful!

Peggy
peggyappleby-artist.com

Popular posts from this blog

Carole's FEBRUARY BLOG

CHECK OUT THESE IDEAS & COMMENTS:

DECEMBER BLOG 2010