After a life changing move and retirement from painting, I'm writing. I've spent a my life living in Texas. In the past I wrote a column for the weekly Lake Travis View entitled IN HUDSON BEND. Upon moving back into Austin I wrote a book published by The History Press of South Carolina, HUDSON BEND AND THE BIRTH OF LAKE TRAVIS, available on Amazon.

Currently I contribute to and serve on the Editorial Board of the Westminster Writers Journal. Also I write short essays, under the heading WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT TEXAS, for the monthly newsletter called the Banner.

It is my intent to create a new blog, but this time it will NOT be about paintings. Please join me for comments and fun facts and some astonishing history of Texas in a random order. My hope is to attract natives as well as newcomers and wantabe Texans. Your comments will be welcome.

www.carolesikes.blogspot.com for my WHAT DO YOU KNOW about Texas series. Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carole's FEBRUARY BLOG

CHECK OUT THESE IDEAS & COMMENTS:

DECEMBER BLOG 2010